Followers

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

REVIEW: DIARY OF A WIMPY KID by Jeff Kinney

Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney (9-13)
Hardcover: 224 pages

Publisher: Harry N. Abrams (April 1 2007)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0810993139

I thought I could do Diary of a Wimpy Kid First because I kind of have that theme going on my blog!

Diary of a Wimpy Kid is  VERY funny. The main character, Greg, is self centered and some of the situations Greg gets into are weird   random interesting. He has a friend, Rowley, who is a little............ young for his age. Fregley is an odd ball, that is all I can say about him! Then Greg's little brother, Manny, is the favorite in the Heffly Family so Greg is always a little down.

Basically, it talks about Greg's life in middle school (Junior High) as a student and some of the problems he has and how he overcomes them, all with a crazy sense of humour!  This is something every kid can relate to.

I give this book:
5/5  Blabbies!

The movie is a good interpretation of the book, and it was cool to see a book that I loved up on the screen.  It turned out exactly how I imagined it!  Here is the trailer, check it out!


Diary Of A Wimpy Kid Teaser Trailer

-Ellie

4 comments:

Natalie W said...

Great review! I have a 9yo son and I think he'll love this book. Thank you for your review!
Natalie :0)

Lisa said...

Great review, Ellie! Hey, I have an award for you!

You can pick it up at:
http://bookblabbing.blogspot.com/2010/06/teaser-tuesday.html

Anna said...

My 9-year-old daughter loves this series! I've only read one of the books, but I really enjoyed the movie. I thought it was hilarious.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Julie said...

My Bebe Boy James says that this book is EXCELLENT EXCELLENT! I'm glad to see another kid his age actually having her own book blog! WTG!